Sunday, November 23, 2008

The Death of the Writer's Notebook?

Our new quarter started on November 10, and since then we have not done a single writer's notebook entry, which accounts for my absence.  

A few things have happened, however, that are certainly noteworthy.  One, I was observed by my instructor in my 2nd period Junior class.  It went great - my kids were wonderful (that is probably my favorite class) and my teacher loved them, as well as me.  I was very excited.  I have my observation of my Freshmen tomorrow, so we shall see how that goes.  Discipline is something that may be an issue with them, because as I have previously noted, they are very immature.

I guess the only other exciting thing is that I am writing a test for my Juniors on The Crucible.  I think I am done with it, but I need to maybe cut out 3 questions, so that it is easier to assign point values.  Stupid logistical stuff, but it is weird how important that kind of thing can be.

Goals for this week (it is only a 3 day week...):
1.  Have a good observation.
2.  Finish Night with the freshmen.
3.  Give a successful test that the kids don't fail horribly.

No comments:

Post a Comment