Monday, November 3, 2008

Entry #16 - My Role Within The Family

In my immediate family, I am the baby.  When I lived at home, I didn't really have chores or many responsibilities, because my mom didn't work.  I was also the annoying little sister - a part I played all too well for my mean older brother!  Now that I don't live at home, my role is to get done with school and get a job so that I can pay my parents back someday.  Not something I look forward to (the paying back part, I mean).

I don't feel as though I have a role yet in my extended family.  I am too old to be one of the "kids," but too young to be married and have kids of my own.  I almost feel as though it is easy for me to slip into the abyss of my family and be overwhelmed by all of the large personalities therein - which I don't really mind, oddly enough.

As for now, living on my own, my role is to be a good mother to my two kittens, and a good friend and roommate, which is much harder than it sounds when I have to balance everything else in my life, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment