Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Entry #10 – My Day “Off” From School

The alarm started its annoying song at 5:55am.  I groaned, and searched under my pillow to find my phone, to make that awful noise stop.  I jabbed the oblong “Palm” button several times to make the incessant noise stop.  I considered, for a moment, laying back down and covering up in my soft, fluffy, fuzzy blue blanket, but I knew I had to be to school earlier than usual, so I resigned myself to turning off my other two back-up alarms and throwing off my favorite blanket.

            I reluctantly jumped over Amazo, my boyfriend’s extremely fat tabby cat who had decided to sleep at our feet as opposed to the floor or chair where I usually find him so early in the morning, and stumbled into the bathroom, squinting my eyes and I turned on the fan and light.  I headed straight for the shower, and I looked forward to the welcoming hot water of the morning, but instead was greeted mockingly by a shocking spray of frigid water that gave me a jolt of adrenaline.

            After my shower (I of course waited for my precious steaming hot water), I looked back down at the blanket-covered futon and my soft, blue pillow, and crawled back under my favorite soft, fuzzy, blue blanket and though “what’s five more minutes?” as I fished my phone back out from underneath my pillow and reset my alarm for those precious few moments of rest before I had to get ready for the long day ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment