Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Entry #9 – Watermark Event: Moving Out

When I turned 18, and was starting college, I moved out of my parents’ house.  I had not only lived in that house my entire life, but I had even lived in the same room.

            I was excited to move out.  I hated where I grew up, and knew I would be closer to my friends that lived where I was moving.  I was going to live with two other girls, Mandy and P.J.  I had known Mandy for about three years, but we had found P.J. through a website.  Mandy and I shared a room.  Our room had one window, and a walk-in closet.  On each side, we put up posters and photos to make it our own space.  The bathroom was across the hall, and Mandy decorated it with a duck theme.

            Things were great at first.  But, as time went on, it all went downhill.  We started arguing, fighting, and yelling.  It was awful, and Mandy was proving to be a terrible friend.  It was so bad, I had to move my mattress to the living room. 

When it came time to move out, I ended up having to clean everything in the apartment except P.J.’s room, because Mandy did nothing.  And, to top it all off, they took the deposit money and forged my signature.

No comments:

Post a Comment