Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Entry #11 – My Fears

I am extremely afraid of failure.  I am afraid that I will work so hard, as I have, and I will fail and have nothing.  From my career choice to my relationships… I am afraid of failing and ending up alone.

I fear that I won’t make it through the credential program and I will have to redo it or find a new goal in life.  Or, I fear that I will not be a good enough teacher, and that I will lose my job.

My parents have been married for 30 years – only 1 person in my family has ever divorced.  I am so afraid that I will not make someone happy and that they will not want to be with me, but stay with me not to hurt me, and out of pity.  I guess, then, I am also afraid of an unhappy relationship, or making someone I love unhappy because they do not love me.

1 comment: