Monday, October 20, 2008

Entry #12 - Reflection on Holocaust Documentary

Before my freshmen begin reading Night, we watched a documentary on 5 Hungarian Holocaust survivors.  I didn't get a chance to finish this entry.

The Holocaust is one of the most difficult things for me to fathom.  I grew up in a community heavily populated with Jews, and I know many people who have grandparents that ere in the Holocaust.

This documentary is so different from many of the others that I have watched over the years, because of the direct and personal focus placed on this histories of individuals.  They are all so difficult to watch, still, and not become overwhelmed with any number of emotions.  The Holocaust makes me angry, frustrated, and sad, and I think that everyone should feel those emotions (and more) about the Holocaust.

No comments:

Post a Comment